Most household cleaners that are available in the stores are a fantastic concoction of harmful chemicals that are making us sick!
I know you don’t want this unnecessary exposure for yourself or your family so here is my easy to make natural recipe for an All-Purpose Household Cleaner!
Never before in human history have humans been exposed to such high amounts of environmental toxins as we are experiencing now. It is estimated that there are 80,000 chemicals out there that people are exposed to, many on a daily basis and these toxins are making us and our young children sick, very sick!
These Chemicals are disrupting our very sensitive endocrine system, damaging the organs, irritating the respiratory system, causing headaches, aggravating the throat and eyes and many are considered cancerous.
The average family is not exposed to just 1 of these chemical cocktails, in fact the average household at a minimum has an all-purpose cleaner, kitchen cleaner, bathroom cleaner, furniture polish, heavy duty scrubs, floor cleaners and those awful air fresheners and plug ins.
About 3 years ago I cleared my house of all these chemicals and since then we have been using only natural cleaners that I make myself. I use natural products that do a good job of cleaning without any detrimental side effects.
Here is the recipe for my All-Purpose Cleaner that I use in the bathroom, kitchen and anywhere I need it, it is easy to make, smells great and cleans just fine!
All Purpose Cleaner
- 2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 2 tsp Castile Soap (made from vegetable oils and biodegradable)
- 10 drops Essential oil (lemon, grapefruit and tea tree are especially effective as they have antimicrobial properties. Lemon is also a great degreaser. Use 1 type or a blend.)
- Put the water in a bowl, then add the castile soap and mix.
- Add the remaining ingredients, mix well and let cool.
- Pour into a spray bottle (Glass is preferable as plastic can leach toxins in the mixture)
- Store and use as needed.
If you’d like more natural household recipes let me know in the Comments and I will be happy to share them!