Avocado Pesto Zoodles
Creamy, grain-free, scrumptious and easy to make weeknight dinner recipe.
About this Recipe
By: Muneerah Shiraz
Zucchini features regularly in my kitchen, it is easy to use, can be eaten cooked or raw and is anti-inflammatory and low carbohydrate!
- 2 medium zucchinis
- 1 onion sliced
- 3/4 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves (can be substituted with basil leaves)
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp. pine nuts (can be substituted for walnuts or almonds)
- 1-2 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup water (more if needed)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
Step by Step Instructions
Use a spiralizer or peeler to spiralize the zucchini into noodles. Be sure to cut them if they are too long.
Add noodles to a large bowl.
Sautee the onions until they are medium brown then add to the zucchini.
Add the remaining ingredients except the tomatoes and chilli flakes to a food processor or blender and pulse until pesto is a thick consistency. I like thick pesto, but you can pulse it for longer if you prefer a smoother creamier texture. Just add more water it required.
Pour the pesto over the zoodles, add the tomatoes and toss. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and serve.
- Most of the zucchini grown in the USA is genetically modified so it is best to purchase organic.
- Keep the skin on as most of the fibre and antioxidants are in the skin.